Montana Overnight Horseback Riding Camp
Whether you’re a novice, expert or somewhere in between, Montana Riding Adventures is the place for you! Learn English- and Western-style riding, grooming tips, lunging, carriage driving, and more.
- Ages: 13+
- June 18-23, 2017
- Drop off June 18 at 3pm
- Pick up June 23 at 11am
- Ratio of campers to trainers: 3:1
- Capacity: 12 campers
- Cost: $350, including lodging and meals for the week
- Children with special needs will need to be individually evaluated in order to participate to maintain safety standards for all involved.
- 100 percent of proceeds used to support Erik's Ranch & Retreats nonprofit.
Schedule may include:
- Horseback riding and trail rides
- Carriage driving
- General horse knowledge and care: riding styles, breed types, tack repair
- Groundwork and communication through body language
- Horse safety and confidence building
- Horse games
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Groom/Tack horses
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM TEAM A: Ride, TEAM B: Lunge/Carriage Driving
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Groom/Tack Horses
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM TEAM A: Lunge/Carriage Driving, TEAM B: Ride
- 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Break
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Swim
- 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Break
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Dinner
- 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Activities
Equine Director & Branch Manager
Brandon Pribula was born a horse-whisperer. Growing up on a ranch, he assisted with not only with its management and operations, but had the pleasure of assisting with trail and hay rides, teaching lessons and training horses from an early age. Today, Brandon is an accomplished horse trainer, having trained over 1,000 horses. He has attended nationally-renowned equine seminars on techniques, horsemanship and dressage under the tutelage of Richard Shrake, Ray Hunt and Dominique Barbier. Additionally, he has studied reining under the direction of Craig Johnson, Tim Mcquay and Scott and Tom McCutcheon. Brandon has competed in gaming, western pleasure and reining and has successfully started over 50 two-year-old horses. He has also trained an abused horse from Minnesota Hooved Animal Rescue Foundation. Brandon has a passion for sharing his love and knowledge of horses with the special needs community – particularly autism – and is currently a PATH certified instructor in-training. Brandon is the Director of Riding Programs at Erik’s Ranch & Retreats and lives in Paradise Valley, Mont.
The small camper to trainer ratio (3:1) will allow riders to leave camp with new skills centered around horseback riding, grooming, safety and much more. For those campers with a solid understanding of riding, the small group is conducive to further expanding and enhancing core competencies. Once enrolled for camp, refunds will not be issued.
Erik's Ranch & Retreats
Launched in 2008, Erik’s Ranch & Retreats is a first-of-its-kind living, working and social environment for young adults with autism who operate boutique-style guest accommodations at two locations: the Retreat in Edina, Minn., and Erik’s Ranch, in Paradise Valley, Mont. Erik’s Ranch & Retreats provides members with excellent housing, socialization and recreational opportunities and the ability to use their talents, follow their dreams and lead lives full of promise and possibility.
For additional information, please call 612-401-3080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.