Montana Overnight Horseback Riding Camp
Whether you’re a novice, expert or somewhere in between, Montana Riding Adventures is the place for you! Learn English- and Western-style riding, grooming tips, lunging, carriage driving, and more.
- Ages: 13+
- June 18-23, 2018
- Drop off June 17 at 3pm
- Pick up June 22 at 11am
- Ratio of campers to trainers: 3:1
- Capacity: 12 campers
- Cost: $350, including lodging and meals for the week
- Children with special needs will need to be individually evaluated in order to participate to maintain safety standards for all involved.
- 100 percent of proceeds used to support Erik's Ranch & Retreats nonprofit.
Schedule may include:
- Horseback riding and trail rides
- Carriage driving
- General horse knowledge and care: riding styles, breed types, tack repair
- Groundwork and communication through body language
- Horse safety and confidence building
- Horse games
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Groom/Tack horses
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM TEAM A: Ride, TEAM B: Lunge/Carriage Driving
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM Groom/Tack Horses
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM TEAM A: Lunge/Carriage Driving, TEAM B: Ride
- 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Break
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Swim
- 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Break
- 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Dinner
- 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Activities
The small camper to trainer ratio (3:1) will allow riders to leave camp with new skills centered around horseback riding, grooming, safety and much more. For those campers with a solid understanding of riding, the small group is conducive to further expanding and enhancing core competencies. Once enrolled for camp, refunds will not be issued.
Erik's Ranch & Retreats
Launched in 2008, Erik’s Ranch & Retreats is a first-of-its-kind living, working and social environment for young adults with autism who operate boutique-style guest accommodations at two locations: the Retreat in Edina, Minn., and Erik’s Ranch, in Paradise Valley, Mont. Erik’s Ranch & Retreats provides members with excellent housing, socialization and recreational opportunities and the ability to use their talents, follow their dreams and lead lives full of promise and possibility.
For additional information, please call 612-401-3080 or email us at email@example.com.